A solid business case is essential to showing why your proposed solution is a good investment to decision-makers. A business case should include:
- An executive summary
- An introduction and context around why you are proposing the solution—what is opportunity?
- The overall goal and SMART objectives (specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, time-bound)
- How the solution will benefit the business as well as short- and long-term outcomes
- What data and resources you used to come up with the proposed solution and why you are confident the solution will work
- How you will measure success
- A project plan for implementation (actions, timing, roles, resources, and financial implications)